Tuesday, May 11, 2010

5 Classic pinball games


Funhouse
This is an oldy but a goody. In college I worked at an indoor miniature golf place, and we had a Funhouse pinball machine. To this day it's probably my favorite pinball of all time with that big giant head of a comic dummy talking at you in the middle of the playing field. Lots of good memories and good times with this one.

High Speed
This was a favorite of a lot of people a little more than 20 years ago. It was really one of the first "modern" pinball machines I can remember, what with its flashing red light on top and the sounds of the police chasing after you and all. This is a close, close second to Funhouse for being my favorite pinball machine.

The Adams Family
For some reason I loved this goofy game. I first played it at a movie theater where I used to live, and it got to the point I was going to the theater more to play this game than I was to see movies. I loved the creepy, funny little sounds. A nice game, indeed.

The Lord of the Rings
This is the most recent game on this list, just coming out in a few years ago from the Sternpinball company. This one is really modern, and to be truthful it took me a while to figure out all the rules of play. But what can you expect from a game that's base on three movies? The roar of the balrog and the clips from the films really add to this game. Just wish I could get that high score at the restaurant down the street!


Atari 2600 "Video Pinball"
Okay. I'm showing my age here. And technically this is a video game and not really a pinball game. But it is a pinball game, just on a television screen. This is my favorite video pinball game of all time, even close to 30 years since it originally came out for the Atari 2600. Yes, it's simple, but it's still a lot of fun to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment